Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

ROCK BOTTOM

HAMS Reply
 
Actually this bit about "hitting bottom" is a kind of a myth--people choose to change at all different stages of alcohol problems--and succeed.
 
MY REPLY
 
 
Yep like me! I was only drinking 2 glasses of wine a day, mostly every day. It just seemed like a necessity, a crutch, and hard to go a day with out it. It was so difficult to find the motivation to stop. I still practice my therapy daily in order to stay away from it. I still want it, although the craving is way less than  it used to be. The thought of never drinking again is still kind of hard for me. I would not consider it rock bottom, but for me the message was clear. I needed to stop. ....... I considered myself a problem drinker, maybe not an alcoholic---yet.  I have had to find other ways to deal with stress, like yoga, exercise, meditation,  and diet. Nutrition is  so, so important and is not given enough attention.
 
 It is amazing how NOT drinking changes your life...for the better.  You get to find out who you really are. As long as I focus on that, the curiosity of that, and the reality that the  changes that are happening to me are fascinating, I'm ok.....My brain actually functions because it is not suffering from poisoning and being numbed any more. It's amazing!
 
I just motivated myself for the day! Kewl

No comments: