Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Staying Sober around other drinkers.............

Ok so I wanted to talk a little about staying sober for the last 5 weeks. Your probably thinking "wow, that's not very long!" You would be correct in saying that too, but it is long for me. Especially since I am still around drinking nightly and out of politeness to me bottles of wine(my preferred poison) keep appearing. My family doesn't understand how determined I am to never drink again. I sometimes worry that others think  I am doing this to be anti-social and am unintentionally boring. Anyone think they need alcohol to be social?
I can sort of understand this if you are at a social event or party and everyone else is drinking. But, at home? I would like to think that the closest people to me would not encourage me to do something unhealthy, life shortening, liver killing, breast cancer promoting(I've had 2 biopsies), artery hardening and just basically not good for me at the level that I was drinking. I have to stay positive and assume that some people just doesn't think of the health ramifications the way I do. Struggling with alcohol is my battle because I choose to fight it, no one else can fight my battle.

No comments: